Ah, work. A regular routine. It’s always a mixed bag when you come back from vacation. I like having that structure, but who doesn’t miss the freedom of being able to do what you want, when you want? This trip down to Pennsylvania had a whole lot of variety. Among highlights:
- Driving out to Amish country to go to Chocolate World and eat too much shoofly pie.
- Heading into New York to see Matilda (loved it).
- Going to the LDS Philadelphia Temple open house.
- Trading a $600 Magic card for a whole lot of awesome cards in return, as well as buying a good chunk of a Magic collection. (Including an awesome card catalog to store them in!)
- Watching tons of Olympics. (Except anything to do with Ryan Lochte, who is a total waste of time)
- Having lunch with my agent and an editor to talk over some prospective book projects.
- Staying up until 2am talking to my sister and her husband, who happened to be in town at the same time.
- Catching fireflies with the kids.
- Going through old Slovak church records to find some of Denisa’s relatives.
- Trying out my current Magic cube with a professional.
- Buying a new wardrobe for the thinner version of me that now exists.
And much more. (Seriously, I must be forgetting a ton of things.) Some of those things might end up getting blog posts all on their own. Some will remain a mystery. But all of it was fun, and all of it is now over. Meaning I’m back at work. Meaning I have to slog through the 100+ emails waiting for me.
Did you miss me? I’m here this week, and then next week I’m heading out to Salt Lake Comic Con. More on that later, along with my full schedule. For now, I need to get back to those emails.!